Recent comments

• Reply to: StageVideo on iOS with AIR   4 years 2 months ago

Thanks, very helpful quick start to StageVideo.

I added a few things to rid me of the error handling problems. See below:

I'm not 100% on this but my iOS app was crashing before I caught all these errors (could have been something else I fixed : ) ). I'm not sure if this would cause a fatal crash, but we all know the flash player glosses over these kind of things, whereas I suspect iOS bytecode could fail if it cannot process an error message - it's probably looking for that bit of memory where the function should exist but doesn't.

this.stream.client = new CustomClient();

public function asyncErrorHandler(event:AsyncErrorEvent):void
    {
    trace(event.text);
    }

class CustomClient {
    public function onMetaData(info:Object):void {
    trace("metadata: duration=" + info.duration + " width=" + info.width + " height=" + info.height + " framerate=" + info.framerate);
    }

public function onXMPData(info:Object):void {
    trace("onXMPData: " + info.toString());
    }

public function onCuePoint(info:Object):void {
    trace("cuepoint: time=" + info.time + " name=" + info.name + " type=" + info.type);
    }

public function onPlayStatus(info:Object):void {
    }
    }

• Reply to: StageVideo on iOS with AIR   4 years 3 months ago

I had the same no-sound issue. this funny solution worked for me as well. ^^
    Thanks a lot!

• Reply to: StageVideo on iOS with AIR   4 years 6 months ago

Here's another tip for newbie iPhone developers, concerning how setting the release date for a new app works.

Setting release dates properly has been a frustrating process for me. The release date can greatly affect where your app appears in the New Releases list on the AppStore, which is the only guaranteed list exposure your app will get. However, if you do not set the release date properly, you will lose that opportunity as well.

The way release dates worked in the past was confusing at best. In the beginning, when you changed your release date, you could move your app to the top of the list, which people gamed

• Reply to: StageVideo on iOS with AIR   4 years 8 months ago

I found this post on an Adobe forum dated : Jul 21, 2012 6:31 PM

I had the same issue. It seems to be a bug. There's an easy way to fix it. Just play a sound, before playing the video.
    I just added a short sound file that I'm playing onLoad. Without this, Flash doesn't seem to know how to handle sound in video files, but once you played a sound, it "remembers" how to do it for stagevideo.

Silly solution, but it worked for me.

• Reply to: StageVideo on iOS with AIR   4 years 8 months ago

That was biting me as FDT has 'auto' as the default setting.
    Also, though I 'knew' this, don't forget that StageVideo is not a DisplayObject - it doesn't get added to the stage - it is always at the z-order of the stage, BUT you *can* put DisplayObjects in front of it - so don't obscure it with, say, the background asset of your app!